Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Egbert, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Egbert and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Egbert:
- 41.169704, -104.256899
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Egbert
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Egbert ...
We have found three communities that share the name Egbert.
Within Wyoming, the name Egbert is unique.
Beyond Wyoming, we know of another three communities that are located throughout in the United States and Canada. Of these three communities, .
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- White County
- This community is historic<1> and we have very little information. For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Arkansas community of Egbert [White County].
- Montgomery County
- This Egbert is located in Montgomery County and lies 687 miles [1,105.6 km]<2> to the east of the Egbert that is located in Laramie County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Egbert
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Montgomery County community of Egbert.
- This Egbert lies 1,256 miles [2,021.3 km]<2> to the east northeast of the Egbert that is located in Laramie County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Egbert
Curious and Interesting Names Near Egbert ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Archer [Laramie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Archer
- Archer [Laramie County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the west of Egbert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Archer have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Archer
- Burns [Laramie County]
- Carpenter [Laramie County]
- Cheyenne [Laramie County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Grover [Weld County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grover
- Grover [Weld County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Egbert
- Population from the 2020 Census: 161 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grover have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grover
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Grover<4>
- Harrisburg [Banner County]
- Oliver [Kimball County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oliver
- Oliver [Kimball County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Egbert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oliver have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oliver
- Orchard Valley [Laramie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orchard Valley
- Orchard Valley [Laramie County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Egbert
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Orchard Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orchard Valley
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Egbert. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Ken Sailors (Professional basketball)
- Professional basketball. He was born in Bushnell (Nebraska) on Friday January 14, 1921 and died in Laramie (Wyoming) on Saturday January 30, 2016 at the age of 95. He is buried at Greenhill Cemetery (Albany County, Wyoming).
- Bushnell is located 19 miles [30.6 km] to the east of Egbert.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Ken Sailors<5>
How Far From Egbert to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Egbert to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Egbert and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Cheyenne, which is the Seat of Laramie County and lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west. If you could walk a straight line from Egbert to Cheyenne, with an average speed<6> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just about two full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just over a day.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 29 miles [46.7 km] to the west (W). The buggy would take just over a day and walking would take just about two full days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,441 miles [2,319.1 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 57 days and walking would take 82 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,769 miles [10,893.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,532 miles [12,121.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,467 miles [8,798.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Laramie County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Egbert. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Laramie County: www.webgate.co.laramie.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Egbert, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Egbert) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Egbert. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EgbertOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Egbert. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.1697, Longitude: -104.2569 In this case, the coordinates for Egbert have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Egbert to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.106 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 324.699 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.397 degrees.||