Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Dornick, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Dornick and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Dornick:
- 43.484957, -108.166208
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Dornick
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dornick ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Hamilton Dome [Hot Springs County]
- Kirby [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kirby
- Kirby [Hot Springs County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the north of Dornick
- Population from the 2020 Census: 84 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kirby
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kirby<2>
- Lost Cabin [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lost Cabin
- Lost Cabin [Fremont County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southeast of Dornick
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lost Cabin have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lost Cabin
- Owl Creek [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Owl Creek
- Owl Creek [Hot Springs County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Dornick
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Owl Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Owl Creek
- Pavillion [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pavillion
- Pavillion [Fremont County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Dornick
- Population from the 2020 Census: 230 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pavillion
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pavillion<2>
- Thermopolis [Hot Springs County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thermopolis
- Thermopolis [Hot Springs County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north of Dornick
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,770 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thermopolis
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Thermopolis<2>
How Far From Dornick to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dornick to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dornick and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Thermopolis, which is the Seat of Hot Springs County and lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north. If you could walk a straight line from Dornick to Thermopolis, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take nearly four hours.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 235 miles [378.2 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take nearly four hours, a buggy would take 10 days and walking would take 14 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,638 miles [2,636.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 64 days and walking would take 93 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,741 miles [10,848.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,509 miles [12,084.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,480 miles [8,819.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Hot Springs County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dornick. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Hot Springs County: www.hscounty.com/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dornick) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dornick. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4850, Longitude: -108.1662 In this case, the coordinates for Dornick have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dornick to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.246 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.597 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.33 degrees.||