Around Creston ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Rawlins. It is located about 27 miles [43 km] to the east of Creston. Rawlins has a population of 8,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Wamsutter.
It is located about 11 miles [ km] to the west of Creston and has a population of 470 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Bairoil [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bairoil
- Bairoil [Sweetwater County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the north of Creston
- Population from the 2020 Census: 97 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bairoil
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bairoil<3>
- Rawlins [Carbon County]
- Red Desert [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Desert
- Red Desert [Sweetwater County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the west of Creston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Desert have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Desert
- Riner [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riner
- Riner [Sweetwater County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Creston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Riner have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riner
- Sinclair [Carbon County]
- Tipton [Sweetwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tipton
- Tipton [Sweetwater County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the west of Creston
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tipton have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tipton
- Wamsutter [Sweetwater County]
For more communities neighboring Creston, please visit our County-by-County Page for Creston.
Sweetwater County ...
Creston is located in Sweetwater County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Sweetwater County: Moffat (CO), Daggett (UT), Summit (UT), Carbon, Fremont, Lincoln, Sublette & Uinta.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Creston ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Creston.
Airports Near Creston ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Creston and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Creston.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Creston. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Creston.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Creston) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Creston. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CrestonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Creston. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7050, Longitude: -107.7547 In this case, the coordinates for Creston have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sweetwater, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Creston), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|