When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Creston Junction.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Creston Junction. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Creston Junction.
Large Airports ...
- Denver Intl. (DEN/KDEN)
- Salt Lake City Intl. (SLC/KSLC)
- City of Colorado Springs Muni. (COS/KCOS)
- Billings Logan Intl. (BIL/KBIL)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Yampa Valley Airport (ICAO: KHDN)
- Riverton Rgnl. (RIW/KRIW)
- Casper - Natrona County Intl. (CPR/KCPR)
- Natrona County Intl.
- Natrona County International Airport lies 103 miles [165.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Creston Junction.
- Official website: https://www.iflycasper.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Natrona County International Airport
- Laramie Rgnl. (LAR/KLAR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Rawlins Muni. (RWL/KRWL)
- Dixon Airport (FAA ID: 9U4)
- Dixon Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Creston Junction.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixon Airport
- Shively Fld. (FAA ID: SAA)
- Shively Field lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Creston Junction.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shively Field
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Wyoming
About Sweetwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Creston Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sweetwater County: www.co.sweet.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Creston Junction), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Creston Junction) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Creston Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.7269, Longitude: -107.7273 In this case, the coordinates for Creston Junction have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|