Around Cooper Lake ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Laramie. It is located about 23 miles [37 km] to the southeast of Cooper Lake. Laramie has a population of 32,700 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Rock River.
It is located about 13 miles [ km] to the northwest of Cooper Lake and has a population of 260 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Bosler [Albany County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bosler
- Bosler [Albany County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southeast of Cooper Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bosler
- Centennial [Albany County]
- Elk Mountain [Carbon County]
- Horse Creek [Laramie County]
- Jelm [Albany County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jelm
- Jelm [Albany County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the south of Cooper Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jelm have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jelm
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jelm<3>
- Laramie [Albany County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laramie
- Laramie [Albany County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southeast of Cooper Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 32,661 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laramie
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Laramie<3>
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Medicine Bow [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Medicine Bow
- Medicine Bow [Carbon County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Cooper Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 257 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Medicine Bow
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Medicine Bow<3>
- Rock River [Albany County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rock River
- Rock River [Albany County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Cooper Lake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 259 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rock River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rock River<3>
- Tie Siding [Albany County]
For more communities neighboring Cooper Lake, please visit our County-by-County Page for Cooper Lake.
Albany County ...
Cooper Lake is located in Albany County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Albany County: Jackson (CO), Larimer (CO), Carbon, Converse, Laramie & Platte.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Cooper Lake ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cooper Lake.
Airports Near Cooper Lake ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Cooper Lake and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Cooper Lake.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Wyoming
About Albany County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cooper Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Albany County: www.co.albany.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Cooper Lake.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cooper Lake) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cooper Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.6327, Longitude: -105.7694 In this case, the coordinates for Cooper Lake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Albany, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cooper Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|