Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Collins Place, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Collins Place and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Collins Place:
- 43.528845, -109.091520
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Collins Place
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Collins Place ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crowheart [Fremont County]
- Hamilton Dome [Hot Springs County]
- Pavillion [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pavillion
- Pavillion [Fremont County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Collins Place
- Population from the 2020 Census: 230 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pavillion
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pavillion<2>
- Willow Creek [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willow Creek
- Willow Creek [Fremont County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the south of Collins Place
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Willow Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willow Creek
How Far From Collins Place to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Collins Place to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Collins Place and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Lander, which is the Seat of Fremont County and lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<1> to the south southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Collins Place to Lander, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of two days.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 273 miles [439.4 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take four to five hours, a buggy would take 11 days and walking would take 16 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,684 miles [2,710.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 66 days and walking would take 96 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,762 miles [10,882.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,530 miles [12,118.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,507 miles [8,862.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Wyoming
About Fremont County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Collins Place. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fremont County: www.fremontcounty.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Collins Place) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Collins Place. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.5288, Longitude: -109.0915 In this case, the coordinates for Collins Place have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Collins Place to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.965 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.438 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 319.868 degrees.||