When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Cody.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Cody. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Cody.
Large Airports ...
- Billings Logan Intl. (BIL/KBIL)
- Salt Lake City Intl. (SLC/KSLC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Yellowstone Rgnl. (COD/KCOD)
- Worland Muni. (WRL/KWRL)
- Logan Intl.
- Sheridan Co. Airport (SHR/KSHR)
- Jackson Hole Airport (JAC/KJAC)
- Riverton Rgnl. (RIW/KRIW)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Powell Muni. (ICAO: KPOY)
- North Big Horn Co. Airport (FAA ID: U68)
- North Big Horn County Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Cody.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Big Horn County Airport
- Red Lodge Airport (ICAO: KRED)
- South Big Horn Co. Airport (ICAO: KGEY)
- Bridger Muni. (FAA ID: 6S1)
- Bridger Municipal Airport lies 53 miles [85.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Cody.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridger Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Wyoming
About Park County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cody. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Park County: www.parkcounty.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Cody), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Cody) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cody. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CodyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cody. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5261, Longitude: -109.0563 |