Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Chugcreek, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Chugcreek and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Chugcreek:
- 42.049969, -104.919614
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Chugcreek
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Chugcreek ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bordeaux [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bordeaux
- Bordeaux [Platte County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Chugcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bordeaux have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bordeaux
- Chugwater [Platte County]
- Crane [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crane
- Crane [Platte County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Chugcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crane have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crane
- Guernsey [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Guernsey
- Guernsey [Platte County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Chugcreek
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,143 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Guernsey
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Guernsey<3>
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Hartville [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hartville
- Hartville [Platte County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Chugcreek
- Population from the 2020 Census: 60 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hartville<3>
- Hightower [Platte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hightower
- Hightower [Platte County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the west of Chugcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hightower have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hightower
- Rockeagle [Goshen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockeagle
- Rockeagle [Goshen County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the east of Chugcreek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rockeagle have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockeagle
- Sunrise [Platte County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunrise
- Sunrise [Platte County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Chugcreek
- Wheatland [Platte County]
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Chugcreek. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Warren G. 'Freckles' Brown (Rodeo cowboy)
- Rodeo cowboy. He was born in Wheatland (Wyoming) on Tueday January 18, 1921 and died in Soper (Oklahoma) on Friday March 20, 1987 at the age of 66.
- Wheatland is located Less than 2 miles to the west of Chugcreek.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Warren G. 'Freckles' Brown<4>
How Far From Chugcreek to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Chugcreek to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Chugcreek and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Wheatland, which is the Seat of Platte County and lies just to the West.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 63 miles [101.4 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could walk a straight line from Chugcreek to Cheyenne, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,474 miles [2,372.2 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 84 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,737 miles [10,842.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,502 miles [12,073.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,445 miles [8,762.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Platte County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Chugcreek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Chugcreek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chugcreek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ChugcreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chugcreek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.0500, Longitude: -104.9196 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Chugcreek to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.669 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.45 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.651 degrees.||