A visit to the Tie Camp Cemetery ...
We aren't confident of the location of the Tie Camp Cemetery, so consider the above location as an estimate.<1>
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Tie Camp Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<2> website: The Tie Camp Cemetery (FG ID #84120)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere.
We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site.
Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Tie Camp Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Tie Camp Cemetery
The Tie Camp Cemetery is located in Sublette County<3>.
The county seat for Sublette County is located in Pinedale. Pinedale lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the south southeast of the Tie Camp Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Tie Camp Cemetery
Lat: 43.2478° (43° 14' 52")
Lon: -110.0202° (-110° 1' 12")
Note: The GPS location that we are using for the Tie Camp Cemetery has been estimated.
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Tie Camp Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Wyoming:
- Pages specific to Sublette County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Tie Camp Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Disaster Stories from Wyoming
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 6 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> of the Tie Camp Cemetery.
- Daniel Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daniel Junction
- Daniel Junction lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the south of Tie Camp Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daniel Junction
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Tie Camp Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Sublette County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Tie Camp Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 6 cemeteries that are within 30 miles [48.3 km] of the Tie Camp Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Sublette County.
- Bondurant Cemetery [Sublette County]
- Daniel Cemetery [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Daniel Cemetery
- The Daniel Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<4> to the west of Daniel.Daniel Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the south of Tie Camp Cemetery.
- Daniel Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Olivet Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daniel Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #2309688<2>
- Dubois Cemetery [Fremont County]
- Indian Graves [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Indian Graves
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Indian Graves have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Indian Graves lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Tie Camp Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Indian Graves
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #84052<2>
- Pinedale Cemetery [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pinedale Cemetery
- Pinedale Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the south of Tie Camp Cemetery.
- Pinedale Cemetery has also been known as:
- Plainview Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinedale Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #1981986<2>
- Wilhelm Cemetery [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wilhelm Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Wilhelm Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Wilhelm Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the south of Tie Camp Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilhelm Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FG ID #84131<2>
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we continue to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Tie Camp Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #1595560 (Tie Camp Cemetery)
- Note: GNIS record #1595560 has been archived by the USGS. It is no longer maintained by the USGS, nor can it be retrieved from their website.
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Dodge Butte
- County: Sublette Elev: 2356
- Location given for GNIS #1595560 (Tie Camp Cemetery)
- Lat: 43.2479991 Lon: -110.0196103
- Lat: 43.2479991 Lon: -110.0196103
- Open a Google Map centered on the above location.
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #84120
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Sublette, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Tie Camp Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2478, Longitude: -110.0202 In this case, the coordinates for the Tie Camp Cemetery have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|