A visit to the Riverside Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Riverside Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Riverside Cemetery (FAG ID #84110)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Riverside Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Riverside Cemetery
The Riverside Cemetery is located in Park County<2>.
The county seat for Park County is located in Cody. Cody lies just to the east northeast of the Riverside Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Riverside Cemetery
Lat: 44.5191° (44° 31' 8")
Lon: -109.0830° (-109° 4' 58")
Name Variations for Riverside Cemetery ...
When doing your research, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Various errors happen - anything from simple spelling to bad translations.
Riverside Cemetery has also been known as:
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Riverside Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Wyoming:
- Pages specific to Park County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Riverside Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Wyoming
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 7 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Riverside Cemetery.
- Clark [Park County]
- Cody [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cody
- Cody [Park County] lies less than 2 miles<3> to the east of Riverside Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 9,847 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cody
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cody<4>
- Garland [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Garland
- Garland [Park County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Riverside Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Garland
- Meeteetse [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meeteetse
- Meeteetse [Park County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Riverside Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 325 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeteetse
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Meeteetse<4>
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Powell [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Powell
- Powell [Park County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Riverside Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,127 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Powell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Powell<4>
- Ralston [Park County]
- Wapiti [Park County]
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Riverside Cemetery. The following communities are located in Park County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Riverside Cemetery.
- Jump to our list of Local Newspapers for Cody.
- Cody lies less than 2 miles<3> to the East Northeast (ENE) of the Riverside Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cody
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 9 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Riverside Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Park County.
- Bennett Buttes Cemetery [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bennett Buttes Cemetery
- Bennett Buttes Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the north of Riverside Cemetery.
- Bennett Buttes Cemetery has also been known as:
- Clark Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bennett Buttes Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2320844<1>
- Bull Creek Cemetery [Park County]
- Crown Hill Cemetery [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Crown Hill Cemetery
- The Crown Hill Cemetery is located 2 miles [3.2 km]<3> to the west of Powell.To be precise, Crown Hill Cemetery lies 24 miles [38.6 km] to the northeast of Riverside Cemetery.
- Crown Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Powell Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crown Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #84012<1>
- Garland Cemetery [Park County]
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Meeteetse Cemetery [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Meeteetse Cemetery
- The Meeteetse Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Meeteetse.To be precise, Meeteetse Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the southeast of Riverside Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meeteetse Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1980223<1>
- Old Trail Town Cemetery [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Old Trail Town Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Old Trail Town Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old Trail Town Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #641606<1>
- Penrose Cemetery [Big Horn County]
- Pitchfork Ranch Cemetery [Park County]
- Trail Creek Ranch Cemetery [Park County]
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Riverside Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #1593487 (Riverside Cemetery)
- Jump to GNIS Record #1593487
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Cody
- County: Park Elev: 1534
- Location of GNIS #1593487 (Riverside Cemetery)
- Lat: 44.518842 Lon: -109.08431
- Jump to Google Maps centered on GNIS #1593487
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #84110
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Park County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Park County: www.parkcounty.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Park, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Riverside Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5191, Longitude: -109.0830 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|