A visit to the Pathfinder Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Pathfinder Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Pathfinder Cemetery (FAG ID #2367452)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Pathfinder Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Pathfinder Cemetery
The Pathfinder Cemetery is located in Natrona County<2>.
The county seat for Natrona County is located in Casper. Casper lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<3> to the northeast of the Pathfinder Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Pathfinder Cemetery
Lat: 42.4798° (42° 28' 47")
Lon: -106.8424° (-106° 50' 32")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Pathfinder Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Wyoming:
- Pages specific to Natrona County:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Pathfinder Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Wyoming
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 3 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Pathfinder Cemetery.
- Alcova [Natrona County]
- Bessemer Bend [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bessemer Bend
- Bessemer Bend [Natrona County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the northeast of Pathfinder Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bessemer Bend have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bessemer Bend
- Ferris [Carbon County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferris
- Ferris [Carbon County] was located 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the southwest of Pathfinder Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ferris have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 8 cemeteries that are within 30 miles [48.3 km] of the Pathfinder Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
All of the following cemeteries are located in Natrona County.
- Annis Ranch Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Crimson Dawn Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Crimson Dawn Cemetery
- The Crimson Dawn Cemetery is located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Casper.Stated another way, Crimson Dawn Cemetery lies 33 miles [53.1 km] to the northeast of Pathfinder Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crimson Dawn Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2358312<1>
- Eadsville Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Eadsville Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Eadsville Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Eadsville Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Pathfinder Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eadsville Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2372417<1>
- Freeland Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Natrona Memorial Gardens [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Natrona Memorial Gardens
- Natrona Memorial Gardens lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Pathfinder Cemetery.
- Natrona Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Memorial Gardens
- Wyoming Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Natrona Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #84092<1>
- Old Alcova Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Old Pioneer Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Red Buttes Burial Ground [Natrona County]
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Pathfinder Cemetery:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Wyoming
About Natrona County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Natrona County: www.natrona.net/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Natrona, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Pathfinder Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.4798, Longitude: -106.8424 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|