A visit to the Hulett Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Hulett Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Hulett Cemetery (FAG ID #84048)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Hulett Cemetery ...
The Hulett Cemetery is located less than 2 miles<2> to the southwest of Hulett.
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Hulett Cemetery
The cemetery is located in Crook County<3>.
The county seat for Crook County is located in Sundance. Sundance lies 22 miles [35.4 km] to the south southeast of the Hulett Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Hulett Cemetery
Lat: 44.6954° (44° 41' 43")
Lon: -104.5866° (-104° 35' 11")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Hulett Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Wyoming:
- Pages specific to Crook County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Wyoming
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 10 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Hulett Cemetery.
- Aladdin [Crook County]
- Alva [Crook County]
- Alzada [Carter County]
- Beulah [Crook County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Carlile [Crook County]
- Devils Tower [Crook County]
- Hulett [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hulett
- Hulett [Crook County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the southwest of Hulett Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 426 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hulett
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hulett<4>
- Linden [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Linden
- Linden [Crook County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Hulett Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Linden have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Linden
- Pine Haven [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Haven
- Pine Haven [Crook County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Hulett Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 559 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Haven
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pine Haven<4>
- Sundance [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sundance
- Sundance [Crook County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Hulett Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,296 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sundance
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sundance<4>
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Hulett Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Crook County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Hulett Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Hulett Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
All of the following cemeteries are located in Crook County.
- Alva Cemetery [Crook County]
- Miller Creek Cemetery [Crook County]
- Moore Hill Cemetery [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moore Hill Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Moore Hill Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moore Hill Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #84081<1>
- New Haven Cemetery [Crook County]
- Pine Grove Cemetery [Crook County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Pine Grove Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Pine Grove Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Pine Grove Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Hulett Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Grove Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1851082<1>
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Hulett Cemetery:
- Referenced GNIS Record ...
- GNIS ID #1589797 (Hulett Cemetery)
- Jump to GNIS Record #1589797
- Class: cemetery Map Name: Hulett
- County: Crook Elev: 1149
- Location of GNIS #1589797 (Hulett Cemetery)
- Lat: 44.6955398 Lon: -104.5871823
- Jump to Google Maps centered on GNIS #1589797
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #84048
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Wyoming
About Crook County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Hulett Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.6954, Longitude: -104.5866 |
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Crook, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|