A visit to the Edgerton Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Edgerton Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Edgerton Cemetery (FAG ID #2380743)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Edgerton Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Edgerton Cemetery
The Edgerton Cemetery is located in Natrona County<2>.
The county seat for Natrona County is located in Casper. Casper lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<3> to the south of the Edgerton Cemetery .
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Edgerton Cemetery
Lat: 43.4184° (43° 25' 6")
Lon: -106.2606° (-106° 15' 38")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Edgerton Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Wyoming:
- Pages specific to Natrona County:
- Genealogy information for nearby counties:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Edgerton Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Wyoming
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 5 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> of the Edgerton Cemetery.
- Antelope Hills [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope Hills
- Antelope Hills [Natrona County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the south of Edgerton Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope Hills have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope Hills
- Edgerton [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edgerton
- Edgerton [Natrona County] lies less than 2 miles<3> to the southeast of Edgerton Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 206 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edgerton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Edgerton<5>
- Kaycee [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaycee
- Kaycee [Johnson County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Edgerton Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 289 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaycee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaycee<5>
- Linch [Johnson County]
- Midwest [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midwest
- Midwest [Natrona County] lies less than 2 miles<3> to the southwest of Edgerton Cemetery
- Population from the 2020 Census: 395 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midwest
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Midwest<5>
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
Nearby communities with newspapers ...
The following communities are those where newspapers have been published and are located in the vicinity of the Edgerton Cemetery. Unless otherwise noted, the following communities are located in Natrona County.
More information can be found on our list of Local Newspapers for The Edgerton Cemetery.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 9 cemeteries that are within 40 miles [64.4 km] of the Edgerton Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
Unless otherwise noted, the following cemeteries are located in Natrona County.
- Evansville Gravesite [Natrona County]
- Four Mile Cemetery [Campbell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Four Mile Cemetery
- Four Mile Cemetery lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Edgerton Cemetery.
- Four Mile Cemetery has also been known as:
- Ruby Ranch Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Four Mile Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2197704<1>
- Highland Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Highland Cemetery
- The Highland Cemetery is a very large cemetery that is located in Casper.To be more accurate, Highland Cemetery lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<3> to the south of Edgerton Cemetery.
- Highland Cemetery has also been known as:
- Casper Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Highland Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #84045<1>
- Kaycee Cemetery [Johnson County]
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Midwest Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Natrona Memorial Gardens [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Natrona Memorial Gardens
- Natrona Memorial Gardens lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<3> to the south of Edgerton Cemetery.
- Natrona Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Memorial Gardens
- Wyoming Memorial Gardens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Natrona Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #84092<1>
- Old Pioneer Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Oregon Trail State Veterans Cemetery [Natrona County]
- Savageton Cemetery [Campbell County]
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Edgerton Cemetery:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Natrona County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Natrona County: www.natrona.net/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Natrona, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Edgerton Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.4184, Longitude: -106.2606 |
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|