Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Bronx, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Bronx and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Bronx:
- 42.992718, -110.115720
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Bronx
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Sublette County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Sublette County
- Since Bronx is near Teton County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Teton County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Bronx ...
We have found two communities that share the name Bronx.
Within Wyoming, the name Bronx is unique.
Beyond Wyoming, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Bonner County
- This Bronx is located in Bonner County and lies 482 miles [775.7 km]<1> to the northwest of the Bronx that is located in Sublette County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bronx
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Bonner County community of Bronx.
- New York
- Bronx County
- This Bronx is located in Bronx County and lies 1,853 miles [2,982.1 km]<1> to the east of the Bronx that is located in Sublette County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bronx
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Bronx County community of Bronx.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bronx ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big Piney [Sublette County]
- Boulder [Sublette County]
- Daniel [Sublette County]
- Daniel Junction [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daniel Junction
- Daniel Junction [Sublette County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the south of Bronx
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daniel Junction
- Halfway [Sublette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halfway
- Halfway [Sublette County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Bronx
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Halfway have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halfway
- Jack Pine [Teton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jack Pine
- Jack Pine [Teton County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Bronx
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jack Pine have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jack Pine
How Far From Bronx to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bronx to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bronx and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Pinedale, which is the Seat of Sublette County and lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Bronx to Pinedale, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take four to five hours.
- Cheyenne, which is the State Capital of Wyoming, lies 300 miles [482.8 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take five to six hours, a buggy would take 12 days and walking would take 17 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,736 miles [2,793.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 68 days and walking would take 99 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,819 miles [10,974.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,588 miles [12,211.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,569 miles [8,962.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Sublette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bronx. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bronx) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bronx. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.9927, Longitude: -110.1157 In this case, the coordinates for Bronx have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bronx to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.723 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.273 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.53 degrees.||