Around Boulder Flats ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Riverton. It is located about 22 miles [35 km] to the east of Boulder Flats. Riverton has a population of 10,800 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Lander.
It lies just southeast of Boulder Flats and has a population of 7,500 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Arapahoe [Fremont County]
- Atlantic City [Fremont County]
- Big Sandy [Sublette County]
- Crowheart [Fremont County]
- Ethete [Fremont County]
- Fort Washakie [Fremont County]
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Hudson [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hudson
- Hudson [Fremont County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Boulder Flats
- Population from the 2020 Census: 443 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hudson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hudson<3>
- Johnstown [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnstown
- Johnstown [Fremont County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Boulder Flats
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Johnstown have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnstown
- Kinnear [Fremont County]
- Lander [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lander
- Lander [Fremont County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Boulder Flats
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,467 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lander
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lander<3>
- Pavillion [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pavillion
- Pavillion [Fremont County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the north of Boulder Flats
- Population from the 2020 Census: 230 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pavillion
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pavillion<3>
- Riverton [Fremont County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverton
- Riverton [Fremont County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the east of Boulder Flats
- Population from the 2020 Census: 10,819 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Riverton<3>
- Saint Stephens [Fremont County]
- South Pass City [Fremont County]
For more communities neighboring Boulder Flats, please visit our County-by-County Page for Boulder Flats.
Fremont County ...
Boulder Flats is located in Fremont County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Fremont County: Carbon, Hot Springs, Natrona, Park, Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton & Washakie.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Boulder Flats ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Boulder Flats.
Airports Near Boulder Flats ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Boulder Flats and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Boulder Flats.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Wyoming
About Fremont County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Boulder Flats. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fremont County: www.fremontcounty.org/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Boulder Flats.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Boulder Flats) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Boulder Flats. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Boulder FlatsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Boulder Flats. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.9127, Longitude: -108.7990 In this case, the coordinates for Boulder Flats have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Fremont, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Boulder Flats), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|