Welcome to Blue Hill ...
So far, we have found very little information about Blue Hill. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Blue Hill to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Blue Hill, please Contact Us.
Blue Hill would have been located within present day Natrona County<2>.
The location of Blue Hill has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Blue Hill is 5,270 feet [1,606 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Blue Hill is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Blue Hill was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Blue Hill still existed, it would have been in the (307) area code.
Communities Also Named Blue Hill ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 11 communities that are also named Blue Hill - they are located in Arkansas, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Brunswick, Pennsylvania (2) and Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Blue Hill.
Communities near Blue Hill ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Blue Hill.
- Hole in the Wall [Johnson County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hole in the Wall
- Hole in the Wall [Johnson County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the northwest of Blue Hill
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Hole in the Wall. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Midwest [Natrona County]
- Edgerton [Natrona County]
- Antelope Hills [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope Hills
- Antelope Hills [Natrona County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the southeast of Blue Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope Hills have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope Hills
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Powder River [Natrona County]
- Homa Hills [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Homa Hills
- Homa Hills [Natrona County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Blue Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Homa Hills
- Kaycee [Johnson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaycee
- Kaycee [Johnson County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<5> to the north of Blue Hill
- Population from the 2020 Census: 289 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaycee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaycee<7>
- Bar Nunn [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bar Nunn
- Bar Nunn [Natrona County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Blue Hill
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,870 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bar Nunn
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bar Nunn<7>
- Linch [Johnson County]
- Casper [Natrona County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Casper
- Casper [Natrona County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Blue Hill
- Population from the 2020 Census: 58,498 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Casper
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Casper<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Blue Hill. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Blue Hill.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Blue Hill. See our Newspapers Page for Blue Hill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Natrona County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Natrona County: www.natrona.net/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Blue Hill, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Natrona, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Blue Hill - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Blue Hill) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blue Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.3041, Longitude: -106.6728 In this case, the coordinates for Blue Hill have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|