Around Albin ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Scottsbluff (NE). It is located about 38 miles [61 km] to the northeast of Albin. Scottsbluff (NE) has a population of 14,400 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Gering (NE).
It is located about 36 miles [ km] to the northeast of Albin and has a population of 8,100 people.
For comparison, Albin has a population of 210 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Hereford [Weld County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hereford
- Hereford [Weld County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the south of Albin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hereford have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hereford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hereford<4>
- Bushnell [Kimball County]
- Dix [Kimball County]
- Harrisburg [Banner County]
- Kimball [Kimball County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kimball
- Kimball [Kimball County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Albin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,282 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kimball
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kimball<4>
- Lyman [Scotts Bluff County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lyman
- Lyman [Scotts Bluff County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the north of Albin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 321 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lyman have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lyman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lyman<4>
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Burns [Laramie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burns
- Burns [Laramie County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Albin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 316 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burns
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Burns<4>
- Carpenter [Laramie County]
- Egbert [Laramie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Egbert
- Egbert [Laramie County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Albin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Egbert have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Egbert
- Hawk Springs [Goshen County]
- Hillsdale [Laramie County]
- Huntley [Goshen County]
- La Grange [Goshen County]
- Meriden [Laramie County]
- Pine Bluffs [Laramie County]
For more communities neighboring Albin, please visit our County-by-County Page for Albin.
Laramie County ...
Albin is located in Laramie County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Laramie County: Larimer (CO), Weld (CO), Banner (NE), Kimball (NE), Albany, Goshen & Platte.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Albin ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Albin.
Airports Near Albin ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Albin and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Albin.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Albin ...
Looking for more information about Albin? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Albin. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Albin, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Albin.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Wyoming:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Wyoming Community
About Laramie County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Albin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Laramie County: www.webgate.co.laramie.wy.us/
The official website for State of Wyoming: www.wyo.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Albin.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Albin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Albin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlbinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Albin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.4185, Longitude: -104.1008 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Wyoming's counties, including Laramie, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Albin), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|