Census Data for Snowflake ...
As far as we can tell, Snowflake has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Snowflake, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Alderson [Greenbrier County]
- Ronceverte [Greenbrier County]
- Lewisburg [Greenbrier County]
- Union [Monroe County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Union
- Union [Monroe County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Snowflake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union
- White Sulphur Springs [Greenbrier County]
- Rupert [Greenbrier County]
- Hinton [Summers County]
- Meadow Bridge [Fayette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadow Bridge
- Meadow Bridge [Fayette County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Snowflake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meadow Bridge have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadow Bridge
- Continue List (423 more) ...
- Rainelle [Greenbrier County]
- Falling Spring [Greenbrier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falling Spring
- Falling Spring [Greenbrier County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Snowflake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Falling Spring have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falling Spring
- Quinwood [Greenbrier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Quinwood
- Quinwood [Greenbrier County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Snowflake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Quinwood
- Peterstown [Monroe County]
- New Castle [Craig County]
- Pembroke [Giles County]
- Rich Creek [Giles County]
Greenbrier County ...
Snowflake is located in Greenbrier County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Greenbrier County.
Miscellaneous Information for Snowflake ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Greenbrier County or the community of Snowflake:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Snowflake:
- GNIS ID for Snowflake: 1555657
- GNIS ID for Greenbrier County: 1557518
- GNIS ID for State of West Virginia: 1779805
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Snowflake is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Snowflake.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for West Virginia
About Greenbrier County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Snowflake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Snowflake) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Snowflake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.7468, Longitude: -80.5545 In this case, the coordinates for Snowflake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of West Virginia's counties, including Greenbrier, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|