Welcome to Quinwood ...
The town of Quinwood is located in Greenbrier County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Quinwood has a population of 263 people<2> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Quinwood.
Quinwood is 2,990 feet [911 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Quinwood is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Quinwood lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Telephone area codes for Quinwood: (304) & (681)<4>
The ZIP code for Quinwood: 25981<5>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Quinwood had an population of 263 people. This is a decrease of 9.31% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 39.54% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Quinwood had a population of 290 people. This makes Quinwood the county's 7th most populous community.
The population of Quinwood represents 0.02% of the total population of West Virginia (which has 1,852,994 people), making it the state's 196th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 290 people, the population of Quinwood decreased 33.33% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 435 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Quinwood.
Communities near Quinwood ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Quinwood.
- Summersville [Nicholas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summersville
- Summersville [Nicholas County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the northwest of Quinwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,225 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summersville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Summersville<7>
- Richwood [Nicholas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richwood
- Richwood [Nicholas County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the northeast of Quinwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,842 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richwood have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richwood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Richwood<7>
- Rainelle [Greenbrier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rainelle
- Rainelle [Greenbrier County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<6> to the southwest of Quinwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,516 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rainelle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rainelle<7>
- Rupert [Greenbrier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rupert
- Rupert [Greenbrier County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<6> to the south of Quinwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 880 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rupert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rupert<7>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Meadow Bridge [Fayette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadow Bridge
- Meadow Bridge [Fayette County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the southwest of Quinwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 344 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meadow Bridge have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadow Bridge
- Falling Spring [Greenbrier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falling Spring
- Falling Spring [Greenbrier County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<6> to the east of Quinwood
- Population from the 2020 Census: 200 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Falling Spring have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falling Spring
- Brushy Junction [Greenbrier County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brushy Junction
- Brushy Junction [Greenbrier County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<6> to the northeast of Quinwood
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Brushy Junction. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<9>
- Charmco [Greenbrier County]
- Hines [Greenbrier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hines
- Hines [Greenbrier County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<6> to the southwest of Quinwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hines
- McRoss [Greenbrier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McRoss
- McRoss [Greenbrier County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the southwest of Quinwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McRoss
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Quinwood. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Quinwood.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Quinwood. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Quinwood.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Quinwood. See our Newspapers Page for Quinwood.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Quinwood ...
Looking for more information about Quinwood? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Quinwood, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Quinwood.
Adding Quinwood to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Quinwood in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Quinwood was on a map titled Road Map for West Virginia (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Quinwood on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a West Virginia Community
About Greenbrier County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Quinwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of West Virginia's counties, including Greenbrier, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Quinwood.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Quinwood - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (681) is an overlay for area code (304).|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Quinwood). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Quinwood or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Quinwood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Quinwood. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from QuinwoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Quinwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.0582, Longitude: -80.7047 |
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<9>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|