When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rock Cave.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rock Cave. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rock Cave.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Washington Dulles International Airport lies 155 miles [249.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Rock Cave.
- Official website: https://flydulles.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington Dulles International Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Port Columbus Intl. (CMH/KCMH)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Airborne Airpark (ILN/KILN)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 114 miles [183.5 km]<2> miles to the north of Rock Cave.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
General Aviation Airports ...
- Buckhannon Airport
- Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Rock Cave.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport
- Upshur County Rgnl. (ICAO: KW22)
- Braxton Co. Airport (ICAO: K48I)
- Elkins - Randolph Co. Airport (EKN/KEKN)
- Philippi / Barbour County Rgnl. (FAA ID: 79D)
- Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Rock Cave.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of West Virginia
About Upshur County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rock Cave. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rock Cave), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Rock Cave) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rock Cave. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Rock CaveOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rock Cave. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.8368, Longitude: -80.3427 |