When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mount Tabor.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mount Tabor. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mount Tabor.
Large Airports ...
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
- Akron - Canton Rgnl. (CAK/KCAK)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
- Allegheny Co. Airport (AGC/KAGC)
- Greater Pittsburgh Intl.
- Greater Pittsburgh International Airport lies 74 miles [119.1 km]<2> miles to the north of Mount Tabor.
- Official website: https://www.flypittsburgh.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Pittsburgh International Airport
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Fairmont Muni. (FAA ID: 4G7)
- Fairmont Municipal Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Mount Tabor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairmont Municipal Airport
- Philippi / Barbour County Rgnl. (FAA ID: 79D)
- Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Mount Tabor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Philippi / Barbour County Regional Airport
- Upshur County Rgnl. (ICAO: KW22)
- Buckhannon Airport
- Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Mount Tabor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Buckhannon - Upshur County Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Marshall Co. Airport (FAA ID: MPG)
- Marshall County Airport lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Mount Tabor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marshall County Airport
- Greene Co. Airport (FAA ID: WAY)
- Greene County Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Mount Tabor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greene County Airport
- Monroe Co. Airport (FAA ID: 4G5)
- Monroe County Airport lies 43 miles [69.2 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Mount Tabor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in West Virginia
About Harrison County
About West Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mount Tabor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Harrison County: www.harrisoncountywv.com/
The official website for State of West Virginia: https://www.wv.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mount Tabor), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mount Tabor) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mount Tabor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.4168, Longitude: -80.4315 In this case, the coordinates for Mount Tabor have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).