When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Rangeline.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Rangeline. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Rangeline.
Large Airports ...
- Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA/KCWA)
- Dane County Rgnl. (MSN/KMSN)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Gen. Mitchell Intl. (MKE/KMKE)
- Rockford Intl. (RFD/KRFD)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rhinelander Airport (RHI/KRHI)
- Outagamie County Rgnl. (ATW/KATW)
- La Crosse Muni. (LSE/KLSE)
- Eagle River Union Airport (EGV/KEGV)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Austin Straubel Intl. (GRB/KGRB)
- Ford Airport (ICAO: KIMT)
- Iron Co. Airport (FAA ID: 50D)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Marshfield Muni. (ICAO: KMFI)
- Wausau Muni. (AUW/KAUW)
- Stevens Pt. Muni. (ICAO: KSTE)
- South Wood Co. Airport
- Alexander Field - South Wood County Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Rangeline.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alexander Field - South Wood County Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- South Wood Co. Airport (ICAO: KISW)
- Neillsville Muni. (FAA ID: VIQ)
- Neillsville Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Rangeline.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neillsville Municipal Airport
- Taylor Co. Airport (ICAO: KMDZ)
- Merrill Muni. (ICAO: KRRL)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Wisconsin
About Marathon County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rangeline. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Marathon County: www.co.marathon.wi.us/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rangeline), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rangeline) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rangeline. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RangelineOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rangeline. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7431, Longitude: -89.9642 |