Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Peru.
Our newspaper information for Peru is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Peru. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Peru. Our list contains 114 papers that were published within 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> of Peru.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Peru.
Newspapers Neighboring Peru ...
The following newspapers were published within 26 miles [41.8 km] of Peru.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Peru.
- Published In Durand [Pepin County] ...
- Durand Weekly Times (from 1871)
- Pepin County Courier (from 1877)
- Pepin County News And Pepin Star (from 1904)
- The Courier-Wedge (from 1918)
- The Durand Times (from 18??)
- The Entering Wedge And The Pepin County Courier (from 1918)
- The Entering Wedge (from 1893)
- The Home Mirror (from 1861)
- The Pepin County News (from 1906)
- Published In Menomonie [Dunn County] ...
- Der Nordwesten (from 1888)
- The first year of publication was in 1888, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 14585069
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Der Nordwesten
- Holdings for: LCCN SN86086755
- Dunn County Lumberman (from 1860)
- Menomonie Nordstern (from 1887)
- Nord Stern (from 1898)
- Nord=Stern (from 1901)
- The Dunn County News (from 1866)
- The Dunn County Pictorial Messenger (from 1938)
- The Menomonie Badger (from 1903)
- The Menomonie Times (from 1876)
- The Wisconsin Signal (from 1891)
- Published In Mondovi [Buffalo County] ...
- Buffalo County Herald (from 1876)
- The Mondovi Herald And The Buffalo County News (from 1923)
- The Mondovi Herald-News (from 1926)
- The Mondovi Herald (from 1890)
- Published In Eau Claire [Eau Claire County] ...
- We know of 42 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Eau Claire. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Eau Claire
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> of Peru. This extended list includes all the papers from Eau Claire. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Peru
- Continue List (16 more) ...
- Published In Elmwood [Pierce County] ...
- The Elmwood Argus (from 1921)
- Published In Altoona [Eau Claire County] ...
- Altoona Tribune (from 1941)
- The Altoona Star (from 2004)
- Published In Eleva [Trempealeau County] ...
- The Eleva Gazette (from 1921)
- Published In Plum City [Pierce County] ...
- The Plum City Tribune And The Plum City News
- The Plum City Tribune (from 1940)
- Published In Colfax [Dunn County] ...
- The Colfax Messenger (from 1897)
- Published In Knapp [Dunn County] ...
- The Knapp News (from 1902)
- Published In Spring Valley [Pierce County] ...
- Spring Valley Sun And Leader (from 1916)
- The Spring Valley Sun (from 1892)
- The Spring Valley Sun (from 1952)
- Published In Strum [Trempealeau County] ...
- Central Review (from 197?)
- Published In Pepin [Pepin County] ...
- Era Of Progress (from 1861)
- Lake Pepin Gazette (from 1882)
- Pepin Independent (from 1858)
- The Pepin County Press (from 1860)
- The Pepin Herald (from 1908)
- The Pepin Star (from 1884)
- Published In Wilson [Saint Croix County] ...
- The Wilson Pioneer (from 1875)
- Published In Reads Landing [Wabasha County] ...
- Read's Landing Press (from 1875)
- The Wabashaw County Herald (from 1858)
- The Wabashaw Weekly County Herald (from 1857)
- The Waumadee Herald (from 1857)
- Published In Boyceville [Dunn County] ...
- The Boyceville Press-Reporter (from 1975)
- The Boyceville Press (from 1910)
- Published In Chippewa Falls [Chippewa County] ...
- Chippewa County Independent (from 1881)
- Chippewa Current (from 1894)
- The first year of publication was in 1894, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 17614394
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Chippewa Current
- Holdings for: LCCN SN88086101
- Chippewa Daily Press (from 1919)
- Chippewa Falls Democrat (from 1869)
- Chippewa Falls Workman (from 1886)
- Chippewa Herald-Telegram (from 1926)
- Chippewa Herald (from 1870)
- Chippewa Telegram (from 1924)
- Chippewa Times (from 1875)
- Chippewa Union And Times (from 1866)
- Chippewa Valley Independent (from 1888)
- The Catholic Sentinel (from 1889)
- The Chippewa Daily Gazette (from 1921)
- The Chippewa Herald (from 1894)
- The Chippewa Journal-Tribune (from 1912)
- The Chippewa Observer (from 1896)
- The Chippewa Times And Independent (from 1889)
- The Chippewa Times (from 1892)
- The Daily Independent (from 1887)
- The Evening Independent (from 1916)
- The People's Paper (from 1894)
- The Weekly Herald (from 1894)
- Wisconsin Daily Press (from 1920)
- Published In Wabasha [Wabasha County] ...
- Minnesota Patriot (from 1858)
- The Daily Journal (from 1860)
- The Standard And The Wabasha Democrat (from 1898)
- The Standard (from 1898)
- The Standard (from 1900)
- The Valley Shopper (from 19??)
- The Wabasha County Herald (from 1953)
- The Wabasha Herald (from 1872)
- The Wabasha Herald (from 1866)
- Wabasha Bulletin (from 1878)
- Wabasha County Herald-Standard (from 1929)
- Wabasha County Herald (from 1875)
- Wabasha Democrat (from 1888)
- Wabasha Standard (from 1922)
- Wabasha Weekly Herald (from 1866)
- Wabashaw Journal (from 1857)
- Published In Fall Creek [Eau Claire County] ...
- Eau Claire County Journal (from 1914)
- Fall Creek Tribune (from 1953)
- The Fall Creek Cultivator (from 1910)
- The Fall Creek Journal (from 1916)
- The Fall Creek Times (from 1931)
- Published In Maiden Rock [Pierce County] ...
- The Maiden Rock Press (from 1902)
- The Maiden Rocket (from 19??)
- The Weekly Press (from 1892)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Wisconsin
About Dunn County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Peru. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Dunn County: www.dunncountywi.govoffice2.com/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Peru) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Peru. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PeruOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Peru. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7133, Longitude: -91.8154 In this case, the coordinates for Peru have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|