Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Pelican.
Our newspaper information for Pelican is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Pelican. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Pelican. Our list contains 58 papers that were published within 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> of Pelican.
Newspapers Neighboring Pelican ...
The following newspapers were published within 34 miles [54.7 km] of Pelican.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Pelican.
- Published In Rhinelander [Oneida County] ...
- Oneida County Herald (from 1886)
- Rhinelander Daily News (from 1917)
- Rhinelander Herald (from 1893)
- The Daily News (from 1982)
- The Rhinelander Daily News And The New North (from 1947)
- The Rhinelander Daily News (from 1968)
- The Rhinelander News (from 1910)
- The Vindicator (from 1890)
- Published In Three Lakes [Oneida County] ...
- Forest Advance (from 1904)
- The Northern Son (from 1974)
- The Three Lakes Northern Son (from 1978)
- Three Lakes Echo (from 1889)
- Three Lakes News (from 1931)
- Three Lakes Swap (from 1943)
- The first year of publication was in 1943, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 17008522
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Three Lakes Swap
- Holdings for: LCCN SN87082865
- Published In Crandon [Forest County] ...
- Forest County Chief (from 1901)
- Forest Republican (from 1886)
- Potawatomi Traveling Times (from 199?)
- The Forest Echo (from 1906)
- The Forest Republican (from 1928)
- Published In Tomahawk [Lincoln County] ...
- The Tomahawk Leader And The Tomahawk (from 1913)
- The Tomahawk Leader (from 1896)
- The Tomahawk Leader (from 1952)
- The Tomahawk (from 1887)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Published In Eagle River [Vilas County] ...
- Eagle River Democrat (from 1893)
- Eagle River Review (from 1890)
- Eagle River Vindicator (from 1886)
- Northern Lakes Press (from 1931)
- Vilas County News-Review (from 1927)
- Vilas County News-Review (from 1985)
- Vilas County News (from 1896)
- Published In Minocqua [Oneida County] ...
- Lakeland Times (from 1939)
- The Minocqua Times (from 1892)
- The Times (from 1891)
- Town Talk
- Published In Antigo [Langlade County] ...
- Antigo Banner (from 1919)
- Antigo Herold (from 1888)
- Merchants News (from 193?)
- New County Republican (from 1880)
- The Antigo Daily Journal (from 1913)
- The Antigo Herald (from 1919)
- The Antigo Journal, The Antigo Republican (from 1911)
- The Antigo Journal (from 1913)
- The Antigo Journal (from 1898)
- The Antigo Republican (from 18??)
- The Daily Journal (from 1905)
- The Farmers'Journal (from 1909)
- The Langlade Co. Special (from 1887)
- The Weekly News Item (from 1882)
- Published In Merrill [Lincoln County] ...
- Foto News (from 1982)
- Lincoln County Anzeiger (from 1888)
- Merrill Shopper & Foto News (from 1969)
- Merrill Shoppers Guide (from 1957)
- Northern Wisconsin News (from 1879)
- The Merrill Advocate (from 1893)
- The Merrill Daily Herald (from 1908)
- The Merrill News (from 1894)
- The Merrill Star-Advocate (from 1909)
- Wisconsin Thalbote (from 1900)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Wisconsin
About Oneida County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Pelican. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Oneida County: www.co.oneida.wi.gov/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pelican) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pelican. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PelicanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pelican. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6016, Longitude: -89.3318 In this case, the coordinates for Pelican have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|