Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Marinette.
Our newspaper information for Marinette is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 20 papers that were published in the immediate area of Marinette. In addition, the list contains another 54 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Marinette. In total, we've identified 74 papers within 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> of Marinette.
Newspapers Published In Marinette ...
We know of 20 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Marinette:
- Action Sunday (from 1989)
- Daily Eagle (from 1888)
- Eagle-Star/Herald-leader Saturday (from 1994)
- Marinette Advertiser (from 1904)
- Continue List (16 more) ...
- Marinette Daily Star (from 1895)
- Marinette Star (from 1901)
- Marinette Tribunen (from 1894)
- The Daily Eagle-Star And Weekly Eagle-Star (from 1909)
- The Daily Eagle-Star (from 1903)
- The Eagle (from 1886)
- The Eagle (from 1888)
- The Independent (from 1886)
- The Marinette Eagle-Star And Twice-A-Week Eagle-Star (from 1913)
- The Marinette Eagle-Star (from 1913)
- The Marinette Times (from 1893)
- The North Star (from 1880)
- The first year of publication was in 1880, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 14399044
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The North Star
- Holdings for: LCCN SN86086716
- The Searchlight (from 1909)
- The Weekly Eagle-Star (from 1903)
- The Weekly Eagle (from 1901)
- Twin City Lumberman (from 1895)
Newspapers Neighboring Marinette ...
The following newspapers were published within 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> of Marinette.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Marinette.
- Published In Menominee [Menominee County] ...
- Daily Herald-Leader (from 1904)
- Menominee Democrat (from 1885)
- Menominee Herald-Leader (from 1983)
- Menominee Herald (from 1863)
- Menominee Journal (from 1876)
- The Daily Herald (from 1896)
- The Herald-Leader (from 1965)
- The Menominee Daily Herald (from 1894)
- The Menominee Daily Leader (from 1901)
- The Menominee Herald-Leader (from 1908)
- The Menominee Herald (from 1899)
- The Menominee Journal (from 1893)
- The Northwesterner (from 1909)
- The Twice-A-Week Menominee Journal (from 1894)
- Twin City Labor News (from 19??)
- Published In Peshtigo [Marinette County] ...
- Peshtigo Times (from 1939)
- Peshtigo Times (from 1949)
- The New Peshtigo Times (from 1929)
- The Peshtigo Times (from 1894)
- Published In Crivitz [Marinette County] ...
- The Crivitz Advocate (from 1912)
- Published In Stephenson [Menominee County] ...
- Menominee County Journal (from 1894)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Published In Lena [Oconto County] ...
- The Lena Enterprise (from 1903)
- Published In Sturgeon Bay [Door County] ...
- Door County Advocate (from 1918)
- Door County Advocate (from 1862)
- Door County Democrat (from 1893)
- The Advocate (from 1897)
- The Democrat (from 1892)
- The Door County Farmer And Fruit Grower (from 1926)
- The Door County News (from 1914)
- The Expositor (from 1873)
- The Independent (from 1886)
- The Republican (from 1890)
- The Sturgeon Bay Advocate (from 1912)
- Weekly Expositor (from 1880)
- Published In Wausaukee [Marinette County] ...
- The Independent (from 1895)
- The Index (from 1904)
- Published In Oconto Falls [Oconto County] ...
- Oconto County Enterprise (from 1898)
- Oconto County Reporter, Enterprise-enquirer (from 1924)
- Oconto County Reporter-Enterprise (from 1920)
- Oconto County Reporter (from 1871)
- Oconto County Reporter (from 1925)
- Oconto Falls Herald (from 1920)
- Oconto Lumberman (from 1864)
- Oconto Pioneer (from 1859)
- The Enquirer (from 1881)
- The Farmer-Herald (from 1916)
- The Militiaman (from 1890)
- The Oconto Falls Herald (from 1902)
- The Oconto Times (from 1874)
- The Union Farmer-Herald (from 1912)
- The Union Farmer (from 1911)
- Published In Suring [Oconto County] ...
- Oconto County Chronicle (from 1912)
- The Suring Sun (from 1915)
- Published In Luxemburg [Kewaunee County] ...
- Luxemburg News (from 1909)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Wisconsin
About Marinette County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for Marinette: www.marinette.wi.us/
The official website for Marinette County: www.marinettecounty.com/
The official website for State of Wisconsin: https://www.wisconsin.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Marinette) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Marinette. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MarinetteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Marinette. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1000, Longitude: -87.6307 |