Welcome to Rockport ...
Rockport is located in Skagit County<1>.
Rockport is 270 feet [82 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Rockport lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Rockport is within the boundaries of the (360) area code.
The ZIP code for Rockport: 98283<3>
Communities Also Named Rockport ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 28 communities that are also named Rockport - they are located in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana (2), Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi (2), New Brunswick, New Jersey (2), Ohio (3), Ontario, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Rockport.
Communities near Rockport ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rockport.
- Darrington [Snohomish County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darrington
- Darrington [Snohomish County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Rockport
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,422 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darrington
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Darrington<5>
- Concrete [Skagit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Concrete
- Concrete [Skagit County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Rockport
- Population from the 2020 Census: 743 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Concrete
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Concrete<5>
- Hamilton [Skagit County]
- Marblemount [Skagit County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Swede Heaven [Snohomish County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swede Heaven
- Swede Heaven [Snohomish County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Rockport
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Swede Heaven
- Fortson [Snohomish County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fortson
- Fortson [Snohomish County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Rockport
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fortson
- Lyman [Skagit County]
- Oso [Snohomish County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oso
- Oso [Snohomish County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Rockport
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oso
- Lake Cavanaugh [Skagit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Cavanaugh
- Lake Cavanaugh [Skagit County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Rockport
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lake Cavanaugh have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Cavanaugh
- Arlington Heights [Snohomish County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arlington Heights
- Arlington Heights [Snohomish County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Rockport
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arlington Heights have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arlington Heights
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Rockport. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Rockport.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Rockport. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Rockport.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Rockport. See our Newspapers Page for Rockport.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rockport ...
Looking for more information about Rockport? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Rockport, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Rockport.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Washington
About Skagit County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rockport. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Skagit County: www.skagitcounty.net/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Skagit, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Rockport - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rockport). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Rockport or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rockport) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rockport. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RockportOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rockport. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.4856, Longitude: -121.5972 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|