Around Pizarro ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Othello. It is located about 34 miles [54 km] to the west of Pizarro. Othello has a population of 8,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Connell.
It is located about 27 miles [ km] to the southwest of Pizarro and has a population of 5,500 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Pizarro.<2>
- Connell [Franklin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Connell
- Connell [Franklin County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Pizarro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,503 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Connell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Connell<3>
- Cunningham [Adams County]
- Hatton [Adams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hatton
- Hatton [Adams County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Pizarro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 106 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hatton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hatton<3>
- Hooper [Whitman County]
- Kahlotus [Franklin County]
- LaCrosse [Whitman County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Lamont [Whitman County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lamont
- Lamont [Whitman County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Pizarro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 72 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lamont<3>
- Lind [Adams County]
- Magallon [Walla Walla County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Magallon
- Magallon [Walla Walla County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Pizarro
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Magallon have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Magallon
- Odessa [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Odessa
- Odessa [Lincoln County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Pizarro
- Population from the 2020 Census: 900 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Odessa
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Odessa<3>
- Ritzville [Adams County]
- Ruff [Grant County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruff
- Ruff [Grant County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Pizarro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruff
- Warden [Grant County]
- Washtucna [Adams County]
- Windust [Franklin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Windust
- Windust [Franklin County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the south of Pizarro
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Windust
For more communities neighboring Pizarro, please visit our County-by-County Page for Pizarro.
Adams County ...
Pizarro is located in Adams County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Adams County: Franklin, Grant, Lincoln & Whitman.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Pizarro ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Pizarro.
Airports Near Pizarro ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Pizarro and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Pizarro.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Washington:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Washington
About Adams County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pizarro. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Adams County: www.co.adams.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Pizarro.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pizarro) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pizarro. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.9499, Longitude: -118.4461 In this case, the coordinates for Pizarro have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Adams, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Pizarro), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|