Around Pitt ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is The Dalles (OR). It is located about 13 miles [20 km] to the south of Pitt. The Dalles (OR) has a population of 15,600 people.<1>.
The next largest community is City of The Dalles (OR).
It is located about 13 miles [ km] to the south of Pitt and has a population of 12,200 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Chenoweth [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chenoweth
- Chenoweth [Wasco County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Pitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chenoweth have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chenoweth
- City of The Dalles [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for City of The Dalles
- City of The Dalles [Wasco County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Pitt
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for City of The Dalles came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on City of The Dalles
- The Dalles [Wasco County]
- Mosier [Wasco County]
- Rowena [Wasco County]
- Appleton [Klickitat County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Bingen [Klickitat County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bingen
- Bingen [Klickitat County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Pitt
- Population from the 2020 Census: 748 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bingen
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bingen<5>
- Centerville [Klickitat County]
- Dallesport [Klickitat County]
- Husum [Klickitat County]
- Klickitat [Klickitat County]
- Lyle [Klickitat County]
- Wahkiacus [Klickitat County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wahkiacus
- Wahkiacus [Klickitat County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Pitt
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wahkiacus
- White Salmon [Klickitat County]
- Wishram [Klickitat County]
For more communities neighboring Pitt, please visit our County-by-County Page for Pitt.
Klickitat County ...
Pitt is located in Klickitat County<6>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Klickitat County: Gilliam (OR), Hood River (OR), Morrow (OR), Sherman (OR), Wasco (OR), Benton, Skamania & Yakima. The Columbia River runs along the southern border of the county.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Pitt ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Pitt.
Airports Near Pitt ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<7> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Pitt and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Pitt.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Washington:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Washington
About Klickitat County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pitt. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Klickitat County: www.klickitatcounty.org/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Pitt.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pitt) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pitt. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7957, Longitude: -121.2009 In this case, the coordinates for Pitt have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Klickitat, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<7>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Pitt), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|