Welcome to White Salmon ...
The city of White Salmon is located on the Oregon border (on the Columbia River).
White Salmon is located in Klickitat County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, White Salmon has a population of 2,675 people<2> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of White Salmon.
The community of White Salmon is 620 feet [189 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: White Salmon lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
White Salmon is located in the (509) area code.
The ZIP code for White Salmon: 98672<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, White Salmon had an population of 2,675 people. This is an increase of 20.28% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 21.98% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, White Salmon had a population of 2,224 people (or 10.95% of the total population of Klickitat County). This makes White Salmon the county's 2nd most populous community.
The population of White Salmon represents 0.03% of the population of Washington (which has 6,724,540 people), making it the state's 155th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 2,224 people, the population of White Salmon increased 1.41% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 2,193 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for White Salmon.
Communities near White Salmon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near White Salmon.
- The Dalles [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for The Dalles
- The Dalles [Wasco County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the southeast of White Salmon
- Population from the 2020 Census: 15,581 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on The Dalles
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for The Dalles<6>
- City of The Dalles [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for City of The Dalles
- City of The Dalles [Wasco County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the southeast of White Salmon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for City of The Dalles came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on City of The Dalles
- Stevenson [Skamania County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stevenson
- Stevenson [Skamania County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the west of White Salmon
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,627 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stevenson
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stevenson<6>
- Cascade Locks [Hood River County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cascade Locks
- Cascade Locks [Hood River County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the west of White Salmon
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,155 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cascade Locks have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cascade Locks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cascade Locks<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mosier [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mosier
- Mosier [Wasco County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the southeast of White Salmon
- Population from the 2020 Census: 458 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mosier
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mosier<6>
- Husum [Klickitat County]
- Pine Grove [Hood River County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Grove
- Pine Grove [Hood River County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the south of White Salmon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Grove
- Lenz [Hood River County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lenz
- Lenz [Hood River County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the south of White Salmon
- Lenz has also been known as:
- Sherman Spur
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lenz
- Odell [Hood River County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Odell
- Odell [Hood River County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the south of White Salmon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Odell have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Odell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Odell<6>
- B Z Corner [Klickitat County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for B Z Corner
- B Z Corner [Klickitat County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the north of White Salmon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on B Z Corner
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around White Salmon. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for White Salmon.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of White Salmon. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around White Salmon.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around White Salmon. See our Newspapers Page for White Salmon.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for White Salmon ...
Looking for more information about White Salmon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for White Salmon, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for White Salmon.
Adding White Salmon to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of White Salmon in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for White Salmon was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found White Salmon on a map titled Auto Trails Map of Washington (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for White Salmon on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Washington
About Klickitat County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for White Salmon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Klickitat County: www.klickitatcounty.org/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Klickitat, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for White Salmon.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around White Salmon - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as White Salmon). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether White Salmon or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- White Salmon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for White Salmon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from White SalmonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in White Salmon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.7298, Longitude: -121.4840 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|