Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Peshastin, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Peshastin and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Peshastin:
- 47.570388, -120.602614
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Peshastin
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Peshastin ...
We have found one communities that share the name Peshastin.
There is one other community in Washington which is also named Peshastin.
- Communities Located In Washington ...
- Kittitas County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Washington community of Peshastin [Kittitas County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Peshastin ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Appleyard [Chelan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Appleyard
- Appleyard [Chelan County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Peshastin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Appleyard
- Chumstick [Chelan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chumstick
- Chumstick [Chelan County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Peshastin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chumstick have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chumstick
- Monitor [Chelan County]
- Olds [Chelan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olds
- Olds [Chelan County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Peshastin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Olds have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olds
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Plain [Chelan County]
- Sunny Hill [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunny Hill
- Sunny Hill [Douglas County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Peshastin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunny Hill have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunny Hill
- Sunnyslope [Chelan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnyslope
- Sunnyslope [Chelan County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Peshastin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunnyslope have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnyslope
- Terrace Park [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Terrace Park
- Terrace Park [Douglas County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Peshastin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Terrace Park have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Terrace Park
How Far From Peshastin to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Peshastin to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Peshastin and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Wenatchee, which is the Seat of Chelan County and lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Peshastin to Wenatchee, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take five to six hours.
- Olympia, which is the State Capital of Washington, lies 113 miles [181.9 km] to the west southwest (WSW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 7 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,240 miles [3,604.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 88 days and walking would take 128 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,748 miles [10,859.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,512 miles [12,089.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,618 miles [9,041.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Washington
About Chelan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Peshastin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Chelan County: www.co.chelan.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Peshastin could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Peshastin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Peshastin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PeshastinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Peshastin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.5704, Longitude: -120.6026 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Peshastin to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 339.442 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.768 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 326.628 degrees.||