Census Data for Oso ...
As far as we can tell, Oso has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Oso, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Arlington [Snohomish County]
- Granite Falls [Snohomish County]
- Darrington [Snohomish County]
- Hamilton [Skagit County]
- Lake Stevens [Snohomish County]
- Lyman [Skagit County]
- Marysville [Snohomish County]
- Concrete [Skagit County]
- Continue List (214 more) ...
- Stanwood [Snohomish County]
- Mount Vernon [Skagit County]
- Sedro-Woolley [Skagit County]
- Burlington [Skagit County]
- Everett [Snohomish County]
- Snohomish [Snohomish County]
- La Conner [Skagit County]
Snohomish County ...
Oso is located in Snohomish County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Snohomish County.
Miscellaneous Information for Oso ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Snohomish County or the community of Oso:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Oso:
- GNIS ID for Oso: 1524091
- GNIS ID for Snohomish County: 1529222
- GNIS ID for State of Washington: 1779804
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Oso is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Oso, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Oso. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Oso:98223<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Oso.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Washington
About Snohomish County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oso. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Snohomish County: www.co.snohomish.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oso) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oso. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OsoOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oso. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.2715, Longitude: -121.9283 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Snohomish, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Oso or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|