Around Olds ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Wenatchee. It lies immediately south of Olds. Wenatchee has a population of 34,200 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Ellensburg.
It is located about 33 miles [ km] to the south of Olds and has a population of 21,600 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Olds.<2>
- Appleyard [Chelan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Appleyard
- Appleyard [Chelan County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the south of Olds
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Appleyard
- Cashmere [Chelan County]
- Dryden [Chelan County]
- East Wenatchee Bench [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Wenatchee Bench
- East Wenatchee Bench [Douglas County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Olds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for East Wenatchee Bench have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Wenatchee Bench
- East Wenatchee [Douglas County]
- Entiat [Chelan County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Malaga [Chelan County]
- Monitor [Chelan County]
- Orondo [Douglas County]
- Peshastin [Chelan County]
- Rock Island [Douglas County]
- Sunnyslope [Chelan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnyslope
- Sunnyslope [Chelan County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the northwest of Olds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunnyslope have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnyslope
- Waterville [Douglas County]
- Wenatchee [Chelan County]
- West Wenatchee [Chelan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Wenatchee
- West Wenatchee [Chelan County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the southwest of Olds
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Wenatchee have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Wenatchee
For more communities neighboring Olds, please visit our County-by-County Page for Olds.
Chelan County ...
Olds is located in Chelan County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Chelan County: Douglas, King, Kittitas, Okanogan, Skagit & Snohomish.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Olds ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Olds.
Airports Near Olds ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Olds and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Olds.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Washington:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Washington
About Chelan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Olds. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Chelan County: www.co.chelan.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Olds.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Olds) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Olds. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.4635, Longitude: -120.3287 In this case, the coordinates for Olds have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Chelan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Olds), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|