Census Data for Nighthawk ...
So far, we have found very little information about Nighthawk. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Nighthawk to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Nighthawk, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Nighthawk has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Nighthawk, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Osoyoos
- Osoyoos lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Nighthawk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Osoyoos came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osoyoos
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Osoyoos<4>
- Loomis [Okanogan County]
- Oroville [Okanogan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oliver
- Oliver lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Nighthawk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oliver came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oliver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oliver<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keremeos
- Keremeos lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Nighthawk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keremeos came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keremeos
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Keremeos<4>
- Tonasket [Okanogan County]
- Conconully [Okanogan County]
- Riverside [Okanogan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverside
- Riverside [Okanogan County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the south of Nighthawk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverside
- Continue List (30 more) ...
- Omak [Okanogan County]
Okanogan County ...
Nighthawk is located in Okanogan County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Okanogan County.
Miscellaneous Information for Nighthawk ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Okanogan County or the community of Nighthawk:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Nighthawk:
- GNIS ID for Nighthawk: 1523657
- GNIS ID for Okanogan County: 1531928
- GNIS ID for State of Washington: 1779804
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Nighthawk would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Nighthawk.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Washington
About Okanogan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Okanogan County: www.okanogancounty.org/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Nighthawk, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nighthawk) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nighthawk. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.9665, Longitude: -119.6420 In this case, the coordinates for Nighthawk have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Okanogan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|