When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Sterling Park.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Sterling Park. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Sterling Park.
Large Airports ...
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Leesburg Exec. (ICAO: KJYO)
- Montgomery County Airpark (ICAO: KGAI)
- Manassas Muni. (HEF/KHEF)
- College Park Airport (ICAO: KCGS)
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Frederick Muni. (ICAO: KFDK)
- Washington Exec. (FAA ID: W32)
- Washington Executive Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Sterling Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington Executive Airport
- Maryland Airport (FAA ID: 2W5)
- Maryland Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Sterling Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maryland Airport
- Warrenton - Fauquier Airport (ICAO: KHWY)
- Freeway Airport (FAA ID: W00)
- Freeway Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Sterling Park.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freeway Airport
- Tipton Airport (FME/KFME)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Virginia
About Loudoun County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sterling Park. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Loudoun County: www.co.loudoun.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Sterling Park), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sterling Park) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sterling Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.0037, Longitude: -77.4005 In this case, the coordinates for Sterling Park have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).