When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Springville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Springville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Springville.
Large Airports ...
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Charlotte - Douglas Intl. (CLT/KCLT)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Fayetteville Rgnl. (FAY/KFAY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Tri-Cities Rgnl. (TRI/KTRI)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Smith Reynolds Airport (INT/KINT)
- Tri-State Airport (HTS/KHTS)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Mercer Co. Airport (BLF/KBLF)
- Welch Muni. (FAA ID: I25)
- Welch Municipal Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Springville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Welch Municipal Airport
- Mountain Empire Airport (ICAO: KMKJ)
- Tazewell Co. Airport (ICAO: KJFZ)
- Kee Fld. (ICAO: KI16)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Virginia
About Tazewell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Springville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Springville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Springville) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Springville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.1965, Longitude: -81.4029 In this case, the coordinates for Springville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).