Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Clifton Forge.
Our newspaper information for Clifton Forge is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 8 papers that were published in the immediate area of Clifton Forge. In addition, the list contains another 62 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Clifton Forge. In total, we've identified 70 papers within 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> of Clifton Forge.
This page contains two sections:
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Clifton Forge.
Newspapers Published In Clifton Forge ...
We know of 8 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Clifton Forge:
- View Our List ...
- Clifton Forge And Iron-Gate Review (from 1890)
- Clifton Forge Review (from 1892)
- Clifton Forge Virginian (from 1897)
- Hoot Owl (from 1938)
Years of publication: 1938 to 1940
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 42909221
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Hoot Owl
- Holdings for: LCCN SN99066927
- The Alleghany Highlander
- The Alleghany News (from 1904)
- The Daily Review (from 1905)
- The Voice Of '86 (from 1935)
Newspapers Neighboring Clifton Forge ...
The following newspapers were published within 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> of Clifton Forge.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Clifton Forge.
- View Our List ...
- Published In Covington [Covington City] ...
- Alleghany Sentinel (from 1883)
- Covington Dispatch (from 1908)
- Covington Virginian (from 1914)
- The Alleghanian (from 1939)
- The Alleghany Tribune (from 1879)
- Virginian Review (from 1989)
- Published In Hot Springs [Bath County] ...
- Homestead News (from 1924)
- The Tattler (from 1938)
- Published In Warm Springs [Bath County] ...
- Bath County Enterprise, News And Herald (from 1907)
- Bath County Enterprise (from 1918)
- Bath County Enterprise (from 1897)
- The Bath News (from 1894)
- Published In Lexington [Lexington City] ...
- We know of 34 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Lexington. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Lexington
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> of Clifton Forge. This extended list includes all the papers from Lexington. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Clifton Forge
- Published In Goshen [Rockbridge County] ...
- The Goshen Blade (from 1891)
- The Tattler (from 1935)
- Published In Buchanan [Botetourt County] ...
- Buchanan Advocate And Commercial Gazette (from 1835)
- Buchanan Commercial Journal (from 1839)
- Buchanan Standard (from 1891)
- The Buchanan Banner (from 1897)
- The Buchanan News
- The News (from 1905)
- Virginia Manufacturer (from 1890)
- Published In Fincastle [Botetourt County] ...
- Fincastle Democrat (from 1834)
- Fincastle Mirror (from 1823)
- Fincastle Weekly Democrat
- Herald Of The Valley (from 1820)
- The Botetourt County News And The Fincastle Herald (from 1964)
- The Botetourt Weekly News (from 1879)
- The Fincastle Express
- The Fincastle Herald
- The Fincastle Herald (from 1866)
- The Fincastle Weekly Advertiser (from 1801)
- The Herald Of Virginia, And Fincastle Weekly Advertiser (from 1800)
- The Mirror (from 1825)
- The Southern Express (from 1862)
- Valley Sentinel (from 1860)
- Virginia Herald (from 1870)
- Virginia Patriot (from 1829)
- Published In Natural Bridge Station [Rockbridge County] ...
- Cacaphonus Calumny (from 1936)
- Camp 13 News (from 1936)
- The Black Cat (from 1934)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Virginia
About Alleghany County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for Clifton Forge: www.cliftonforge.org/
The official website for Alleghany County: www.co.alleghany.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Clifton Forge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clifton Forge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Clifton Forge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clifton Forge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.8231, Longitude: -79.8249 [Map]. In this case, the coordinates for Clifton Forge have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).