Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Lexington.
Our newspaper information for Lexington is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 34 papers that were published in the immediate area of Lexington. In addition, the list contains another 29 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Lexington. In total, we've identified 63 papers within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of Lexington.
This page contains two sections:
Newspapers Published In Lexington ...
We know of 34 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Lexington:
- View Our List ...
- Gazette & Banner (from 1866)
- Lexington Gazette (from 1835)
- Lexington Gazette (from 1860)
- Lexington Gazette (from 1871)
- Lexington Gazette
- Rockbridge County News (from 1884)
- Rockbridge Daily Press (from 1992)
- Rockbridge Enterprise (from 1879)
- Rockbridge Intelligencer
- Southern Collegian (from 1869)
- The Cadet (from 1907)
- The Cadet (from 1994)
- The Collegian (from 1868)
- The Columns (from 1943)
- The Gazette (from 1853)
- The Intelligencer (from 1823)
- The Keydet (from 1907)
- The Lexington Daily Gazette
- The Lexington Intelligencer (from 1830)
- The Lexington News-Letter (from 1819)
- The Lexington Weekly News-letter, And Western Virginia Telegraph
- The News-Gazette (from 1962)
- The Omnibus (from 1847)
- The Ring-tum Phi (from 1897)
- The Rockbridge Advocate (from 1992)
- The Rockbridge Citizen (from 1871)
- The Rockbridge Repository (from 1801)
- The Union (from 1832)
- The V.M.I. Cadet (from 1934)
- The Valley Star (from 1839)
- The Virginia Gazette (from 1869)
- The Virginia Telegraphe, Or, Rockbridge Courier (from 1803)
- The Virginia Telegraphe, Rockbridge Courier (from 1802)
- Virginia Telegraphe (from 1806)
Newspapers Neighboring Lexington ...
The following newspapers were published within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of Lexington.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Lexington.
- View Our List ...
- Published In Glasgow [Rockbridge County] ...
- Glasgow Herald (from 1890)
- Published In Natural Bridge Station [Rockbridge County] ...
- Cacaphonus Calumny (from 1936)
- Camp 13 News (from 1936)
- The Black Cat (from 1934)
- Published In Oronoco [Amherst County] ...
- Blue Ridge Echo (from 1935)
- The Backwoodsman
- Published In Goshen [Rockbridge County] ...
- The Goshen Blade (from 1891)
- The Tattler (from 1935)
- Published In Big Island [Bedford County] ...
- The Wise-Cracker (from 1936)
- Published In Clifton Forge [Alleghany County] ...
- Clifton Forge And Iron-Gate Review (from 1890)
- Clifton Forge Review (from 1892)
- Clifton Forge Virginian (from 1897)
- Hoot Owl (from 1938)
Years of publication: 1938 to 1940
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 42909221
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Hoot Owl
- Holdings for: LCCN SN99066927
- The Alleghany Highlander
- The Alleghany News (from 1904)
- The Daily Review (from 1905)
- The Voice Of '86 (from 1935)
- Published In Vesuvius [Rockbridge County] ...
- Published In Buchanan [Botetourt County] ...
- Buchanan Advocate And Commercial Gazette (from 1835)
- Buchanan Commercial Journal (from 1839)
- Buchanan Standard (from 1891)
- The Buchanan Banner (from 1897)
- The Buchanan News
- The News (from 1905)
- Virginia Manufacturer (from 1890)
- Published In Greenville [Augusta County] ...
- Greenville Banner (from 1882)
- Published In Hot Springs [Bath County] ...
- Homestead News (from 1924)
- The Tattler (from 1938)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Virginia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for Lexington: www.ci.lexington.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lexington) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lexington. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lexington
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lexington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.7840, Longitude: -79.4928 [Map]. In this case, the coordinates for Lexington have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).