Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Rosette, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Rosette and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Rosette:
- 41.818363, -113.414385
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Rosette
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Rosette ...
We have found one communities that share the name Rosette.
Within Utah, the name Rosette is unique.
Beyond Utah, there is another community also named Rosette in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Lincoln County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kansas community of Rosette [Lincoln County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Rosette ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Black Pine [Oneida County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Black Pine
- Black Pine [Oneida County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Rosette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Black Pine have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Black Pine
- Bridge [Cassia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridge
- Bridge [Cassia County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Rosette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridge have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridge
- Cedar Creek [Box Elder County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar Creek
- Cedar Creek [Box Elder County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Rosette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cedar Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Grouse Creek [Box Elder County]
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Hardup [Box Elder County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hardup
- Hardup [Box Elder County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Rosette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hardup have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardup
- Indian Grove [Cassia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Indian Grove
- Indian Grove [Cassia County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Rosette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Indian Grove have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Indian Grove
- Lynn [Box Elder County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lynn
- Lynn [Box Elder County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Rosette
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lynn have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lynn
- Terrace [Box Elder County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Terrace
- Terrace [Box Elder County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Rosette
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Terrace. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
How Far From Rosette to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Rosette to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Rosette and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Brigham City, which is the Seat of Box Elder County and lies 75 miles [120.7 km]<2> to the east southeast. If you could drive a straight line from Rosette to Brigham City, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 107 miles [172.2 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving would take less than two hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 6 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,910 miles [3,073.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 109 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,970 miles [11,217.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,739 miles [12,454.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,737 miles [9,232.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Utah
About Box Elder County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rosette. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Box Elder County: www.boxeldercounty.org/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Rosette could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rosette) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rosette. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RosetteOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rosette. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.8184, Longitude: -113.4144 |
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Rosette to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.226 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.107 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.587 degrees.||