Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Partoun, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Partoun and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Partoun:
- 39.643024, -113.890550
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Partoun
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Partoun ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Fish Springs [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fish Springs
- Fish Springs [Juab County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Partoun
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Fish Springs. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Goshute [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goshute
- Goshute [Juab County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Partoun
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goshute
- Trout Creek [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Creek
- Trout Creek [Juab County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Partoun
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Creek
How Far From Partoun to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Partoun to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Partoun and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Nephi, which is the Seat of Juab County and lies 109 miles [175.4 km]<1> to the east. If you could drive a straight line from Partoun to Nephi, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 130 miles [209.2 km] to the northeast (NE). Driving would take less than three hours, a buggy would take 5 days and walking would take 8 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,956 miles [3,147.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 112 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,115 miles [11,450.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,884 miles [12,688.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,872 miles [9,450.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Utah
About Juab County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Partoun. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Juab County: www.co.juab.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Partoun) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Partoun. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Partoun
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Partoun. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.6430, Longitude: -113.8906
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Partoun to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.397 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 333.135 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.004 degrees.||