Census Data for North Creek ...
Although we found mention of North Creek during our research, we have little information about it.<1> Over time, we expect to discover additional information that will be added to our Gazetteer..
As far as we can tell, North Creek has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for North Creek, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Beaver [Beaver County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver
- Beaver [Beaver County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the southwest of North Creek
- Beaver has also been known as:
- Beaver City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver<3>
- Marysvale [Piute County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marysvale
- Marysvale [Piute County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northeast of North Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marysvale have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marysvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Marysvale<3>
- Circleville [Piute County]
- Junction [Piute County]
- Minersville [Beaver County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minersville
- Minersville [Beaver County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southwest of North Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Minersville have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minersville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Minersville<3>
- Kingston [Piute County]
- Milford [Beaver County]
- Joseph [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Joseph
- Joseph [Sevier County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northeast of North Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Joseph have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Joseph
- Continue List (49 more) ...
- Monroe [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monroe
- Monroe [Sevier County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the northeast of North Creek
- Former names for Monroe:
- Monkey Town
- South Bend
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monroe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Monroe<3>
- Kanosh [Millard County]
- Paragonah [Iron County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paragonah
- Paragonah [Iron County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the south of North Creek
- Former names for Paragonah:
- Red Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paragonah
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paragonah<3>
- Elsinore [Sevier County]
- Antimony [Garfield County]
- Central Valley [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central Valley
- Central Valley [Sevier County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the northeast of North Creek
- Former names for Central Valley:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central Valley
- Panguitch [Garfield County]
Beaver County ...
North Creek is located in Beaver County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Beaver County.
Miscellaneous Information for North Creek ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Beaver County or the community of North Creek:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to North Creek:
- GNIS ID for North Creek: 1443869
- GNIS ID for Beaver County: 1448015
- GNIS ID for State of Utah: 1455989
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 49 (Utah)
- County Code: 001 (Beaver County)
- Place Code: 54880 (North Creek)
- State & County Code: 49/001 (Utah / Beaver County)
- State & Place Code: 49/54880 (Utah / North Creek)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- North Creek is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like North Creek, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) North Creek. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for North Creek:84713<6>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for North Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Utah
About Beaver County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Beaver County: www.beaver.state.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past North Creek and then turned west". While North Creek could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added North Creek as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that North Creek could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
Since confusion between counties is common, we searched and weren't able to find another Utah community named North Creek.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- North Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for North Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from North CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in North Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.3372, Longitude: -112.5780 In this case, the coordinates for North Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Beaver, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether North Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).||