Census Data for Montezuma Creek (aka 'Montezuma') ...
As far as we can tell, Montezuma Creek<1> has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Montezuma Creek, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Blanding [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blanding
- Blanding [San Juan County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the north of Montezuma Creek
- Former names for Blanding:
- White Mesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blanding
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blanding<3>
- Cortez [Montezuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cortez
- Cortez [Montezuma County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the east of Montezuma Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cortez have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cortez
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cortez<3>
San Juan County ...
Montezuma Creek is located in San Juan County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for San Juan County.
Miscellaneous Information for Montezuma Creek ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either San Juan County or the community of Montezuma Creek:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Montezuma Creek:
- GNIS ID for Montezuma Creek: 1430435
- GNIS ID for San Juan County: 1448032
- GNIS ID for State of Utah: 1455989
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Montezuma Creek is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Montezuma Creek, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Montezuma Creek. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Montezuma Creek:84534<6>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Montezuma Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Utah Community
About San Juan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Montezuma Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Montezuma Creek is also known as Montezuma. For more information, please visit our Genealogy Helper Page for Montezuma Creek.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Montezuma Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Montezuma Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Montezuma CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Montezuma Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.2616, Longitude: -109.3063 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including San Juan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Montezuma Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|