Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Lynndyl, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Lynndyl and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Lynndyl:
- 39.518238, -112.373770
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Lynndyl
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Millard County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Millard County
- Since Lynndyl is near Juab County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Juab County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lynndyl ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Delta [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delta
- Delta [Millard County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Lynndyl
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,642 people
- Former names for Delta:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Delta<2>
- Oak City [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak City
- Oak City [Millard County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the south of Lynndyl
- Population from the 2020 Census: 654 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oak City<2>
- Oasis [Millard County]
- Parley [Juab County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parley
- Parley [Juab County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the east of Lynndyl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parley have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Red Point [Juab County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Point
- Red Point [Juab County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Lynndyl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Point have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Point
- Strong [Millard County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strong
- Strong [Millard County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Lynndyl
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Strong have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strong
- Sugarville [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sugarville
- Sugarville [Millard County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the west of Lynndyl
- Former names for Sugarville:
- Sunflower [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunflower
- Sunflower [Millard County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Lynndyl
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Sunflower. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
How Far From Lynndyl to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Lynndyl to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lynndyl and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Fillmore, which is the Seat of Millard County and lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the south. If you could walk a straight line from Lynndyl to Fillmore, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 89 miles [143.2 km] to the north northeast (NNE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than two hours, a buggy would take most of three days and walking would take 5 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,878 miles [3,022.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 107 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,086 miles [11,403.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,854 miles [12,639.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,829 miles [9,380.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Utah
About Millard County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lynndyl. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lynndyl) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lynndyl. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LynndylOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lynndyl. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.5182, Longitude: -112.3738 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lynndyl to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.181 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.683 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.13 degrees.||