Welcome to Home of Truth ...
So far, we have found very little information about Home of Truth. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Home of Truth to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Home of Truth, please Contact Us.
Home of Truth would have been located within present day San Juan County<2>.
We don't have a date for the establishment of Home of Truth.
Time Zone: The area where Home of Truth was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Home of Truth still existed, it would have been in the (435) area code.
Communities near Home of Truth ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Home of Truth.
- Monticello [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monticello
- Monticello [San Juan County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Home of Truth
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,969 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monticello
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Monticello<4>
- Carlisle [San Juan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carlisle
- Carlisle [San Juan County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the south of Home of Truth
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Carlisle. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Former name for Carlisle:
- Indian Creek
- La Sal [San Juan County]
- Verdure [San Juan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Verdure
- Verdure [San Juan County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of Home of Truth
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ucolo [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ucolo
- Ucolo [San Juan County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Home of Truth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ucolo
- La Sal [San Juan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for La Sal
- La Sal [San Juan County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northeast of Home of Truth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for La Sal have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Former name for La Sal:
- La Sal has also been known as:
- Old La Sal
- Lockerby [San Juan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lockerby
- Lockerby [San Juan County] was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Home of Truth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lockerby have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Egnar [San Miguel County]
- Slick Rock [San Miguel County]
- Blanding [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blanding
- Blanding [San Juan County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> to the south of Home of Truth
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,633 people
- Former names for Blanding:
- White Mesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blanding
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blanding<4>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Home of Truth. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Home of Truth.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Home of Truth. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Home of Truth.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Home of Truth. See our Newspapers Page for Home of Truth.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Utah
About San Juan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Home of Truth, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including San Juan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Home of Truth) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Home of Truth. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Home of Truth
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Home of Truth. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.0611, Longitude: -109.3833
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|