Census Data for Elba ...
As far as we can tell, Elba has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Elba, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Castle Valley [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Valley
- Castle Valley [Grand County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Elba
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 350 people. This represents a 9.72% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 319 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Valley
- Moab [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moab
- Moab [Grand County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the south of Elba
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 5,336 people. This represents a 5.75% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,046 people.
- Former names for Moab:
- Grand Valley
- Mormon Fort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Moab<3>
- Green River [Emery County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green River
- Green River [Emery County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the west of Elba
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 935 people. This represents a 1.79% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 952 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Green River<3>
Grand County ...
Elba is located in Grand County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Grand County.
Miscellaneous Information for Elba ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Grand County or the community of Elba:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Elba:
- GNIS ID for Elba: 1437550
- GNIS ID for Grand County: 1448024
- GNIS ID for State of Utah: 1455989
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 49 (Utah)
- County Code: 019 (Grand County)
- Place Code: 22175 (Elba)
- State & County Code: 49/019 (Utah / Grand County)
- State & Place Code: 49/22175 (Utah / Elba)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Elba is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Elba.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Utah
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Elba. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Elba) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Elba. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.9500, Longitude: -109.5068 In this case, the coordinates for Elba have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Grand, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|