Around Castleton ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Moab. It is located about 12 miles [19 km] to the west of where Castleton would have been located. Moab has a population of 5,300 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Castle Valley.
It lies just northwest of Castleton and has a population of 350 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Castleton.<2>
- Bedrock [Montrose County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bedrock
- Bedrock [Montrose County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Castleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bedrock have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bedrock
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bedrock<4>
- Gateway [Mesa County]
- Paradox [Montrose County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradox
- Paradox [Montrose County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Castleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paradox have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradox
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Paradox<4>
- Castle Valley [Grand County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Valley
- Castle Valley [Grand County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Castleton
- Estimated population in 2019: 350 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Valley
- La Sal [San Juan County]
- Moab [Grand County]
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spanish Valley
- Spanish Valley [San Juan County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Castleton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spanish Valley
- Thompson Springs [Grand County]
For more communities neighboring Castleton, please visit our County-by-County Page for Castleton.
Grand County ...
Castleton would have been located within present day Grand County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Grand County: Garfield (CO), Mesa (CO), Carbon, Emery, San Juan & Uintah.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Castleton ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Castleton.
Airports Near Castleton ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Castleton and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Castleton.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Utah:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Utah
About Grand County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Grand County: www.grandcountyutah.net/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Castleton.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Castleton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Castleton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Castleton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Castleton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.6033, Longitude: -109.3183
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including Grand, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Castleton), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|