Census Data for Carlisle ...
So far, we have found very little information about Carlisle. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Carlisle to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Carlisle, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Carlisle has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Carlisle, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Monticello [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Monticello
- Monticello [San Juan County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Carlisle
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 1,969 people. This represents a 0.15% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,972 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Monticello
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Monticello<3>
- Blanding [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blanding
- Blanding [San Juan County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the south of Carlisle
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 3,633 people. This represents a 7.64% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 3,375 people.
- Former names for Blanding:
- White Mesa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blanding
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blanding<3>
- Dove Creek [Dolores County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dove Creek
- Dove Creek [Dolores County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Carlisle
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 634 people. This represents a 13.74% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 735 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dove Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dove Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dove Creek<3>
San Juan County ...
Carlisle is located in San Juan County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for San Juan County.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Utah
About San Juan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Carlisle, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carlisle) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carlisle. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carlisle
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carlisle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.9574, Longitude: -109.3422
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Utah's counties, including San Juan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|