Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Bullion Falls, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Bullion Falls and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Bullion Falls:
- 38.409697, -112.338540
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Bullion Falls
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bullion Falls ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver [Beaver County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver
- Beaver [Beaver County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southwest of Bullion Falls
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,185 people
- Beaver has also been known as:
- Beaver City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver<2>
- Circleville [Piute County]
- Cove [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cove
- Cove [Sevier County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the north of Bullion Falls
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cove have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cove
- Cove Fort [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cove Fort
- Cove Fort [Millard County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the northwest of Bullion Falls
- Cove Fort has also been known as:
- Charles Willden's Fort
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Joseph [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Joseph
- Joseph [Sevier County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Bullion Falls
- Estimated population in 2019: 358 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Joseph have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Joseph
- Junction [Piute County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Junction
- Junction [Piute County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Bullion Falls
- Estimated population in 2019: 172 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Junction
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Junction<2>
- Marysvale [Piute County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marysvale
- Marysvale [Piute County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Bullion Falls
- Estimated population in 2019: 437 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marysvale have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marysvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Marysvale<2>
- Sulphurdale [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sulphurdale
- Sulphurdale [Beaver County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Bullion Falls
- Former name for Sulphurdale:
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Bullion Falls. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Betty Compson (Actress)
- Actress. She was born in Beaver (Utah) on Friday March 19, 1897 and died in Glendale (California) on Thursday April 18, 1974 at the age of 77. She is buried at San Fernando Mission Cemetery (Los Angeles County, California).
- Beaver is located 18 miles [29 km] to the southwest of Bullion Falls.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Betty Compson<4>
How Far From Bullion Falls to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bullion Falls to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bullion Falls and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Junction, which is the Seat of Piute County and lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the south southeast. If you could walk a straight line from Bullion Falls to Junction, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take four to five hours.
- Salt Lake City, which is the State Capital of Utah, lies 164 miles [263.9 km] to the north (N). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take about three hours, a buggy would take 7 days and walking would take 10 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,891 miles [3,043.3 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 74 days and walking would take 108 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,153 miles [11,511.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,921 miles [12,747.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,889 miles [9,477.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Utah
About Piute County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bullion Falls. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bullion Falls) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bullion Falls. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.4097, Longitude: -112.3385 In this case, the coordinates for Bullion Falls have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bullion Falls to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 332.032 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 331.412 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.171 degrees.||