Welcome to Blueacre ...
Although we found mention of Blueacre during our research, we have little information about it.<1> Given the context of how Blueacre was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Blueacre to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Blueacre, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Blueacre, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Blueacre is 5,930 feet [1,807 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Blueacre is about 1¼ mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Blueacre might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Blueacre and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
We believe that Blueacre would be found within the (435) area code.
Communities near Blueacre ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Blueacre.
- Milford [Beaver County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Milford
- Milford [Beaver County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Blueacre
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,405 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Milford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Milford<5>
- Black Rock [Millard County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Black Rock
- Black Rock [Millard County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Blueacre
- Frisco [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frisco
- Frisco [Beaver County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Blueacre
- Arago City [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arago City
- Arago City [Beaver County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Blueacre
- Arago City has also been known as:
- South Camp
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Beaver City [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver City
- Beaver City [Beaver County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Blueacre
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Beaver City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Shenandoah City [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shenandoah City
- Shenandoah City [Beaver County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Blueacre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shenandoah City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Shenandoah City has also been known as:
- North Camp
- North Star
- Star City
- Shauntie [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shauntie
- Shauntie [Beaver County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Blueacre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shauntie have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Shauntie has also been known as:
- Shaunty Springs
- Smyths [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smyths
- Smyths [Beaver County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Blueacre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Smyths have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Smyths has also been known as:
- Newhouse [Beaver County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newhouse
- Newhouse [Beaver County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Blueacre
- Cook Corner [Beaver County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cook Corner
- Cook Corner [Beaver County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Blueacre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cook Corner have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cook Corner
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Blueacre. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Blueacre.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Blueacre. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Blueacre.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Blueacre. See our Newspapers Page for Blueacre.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Blueacre ...
Looking for more information about Blueacre? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Blueacre, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Blueacre.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Utah Community
About Beaver County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Beaver County: www.beaver.state.ut.us/
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Blueacre and then turned west". While Blueacre could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Blueacre as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Blueacre could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Blueacre - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Blueacre) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Blueacre. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BlueacreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Blueacre. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.4837, Longitude: -113.1297 In this case, the coordinates for Blueacre have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|