Welcome to Booker ...
The town of Booker is located in the Texas Panhandle.
Booker is primarily located in Lipscomb County<1>. A portion of Booker extends into Ochiltree County.
The location of Booker has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Booker has a population of 1,484 people<3> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Booker.
The community of Booker is 2,830 feet [863 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Booker is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Booker lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Booker lies within the (806) area code.
The ZIP code for Booker: 79005<5>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Booker had an population of 1,484 people. This is a decrease of 2.11% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 12.85% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Booker had a population of 1,516 people (which is 45.91% of the total population of Lipscomb County). This makes Booker the county's most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 1,516 people, the population of Booker increased 15.29% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 1,315 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Booker.
Communities Also Named Booker ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Booker - they are located in Arkansas (2), Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Booker.
Communities near Booker ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Booker.
- Perryton [Ochiltree County]
- Darrouzett [Lipscomb County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darrouzett
- Darrouzett [Lipscomb County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<6> to the east of Booker
- Population from the 2020 Census: 328 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darrouzett have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darrouzett
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Darrouzett<7>
- Timms City [Lipscomb County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Timms City
- Timms City [Lipscomb County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<6> to the east of Booker
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Timms City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Balko [Beaver County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Logan [Beaver County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Logan
- Logan [Beaver County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<6> to the northeast of Booker
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logan
- Ochiltree [Ochiltree County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ochiltree
- Ochiltree [Ochiltree County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<6> to the southwest of Booker
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ochiltree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<9>
- Lipscomb [Lipscomb County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lipscomb
- Lipscomb [Lipscomb County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<6> to the southeast of Booker
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lipscomb have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lipscomb
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lipscomb<7>
- Follett [Lipscomb County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Follett
- Follett [Lipscomb County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<6> to the east of Booker
- Population from the 2020 Census: 424 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Follett have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Follett
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Follett<7>
- Beaver [Beaver County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver
- Beaver [Beaver County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<6> to the north of Booker
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,364 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaver<7>
- Farnsworth [Ochiltree County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Booker. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Booker.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Booker. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Booker.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Booker. See our Newspapers Page for Booker.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Booker ...
Looking for more information about Booker? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Booker, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Booker.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Booker
Visit our Community Index for Texas
About Lipscomb County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Booker. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Texas: https://texas.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Texas' counties, including Lipscomb, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Booker.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Booker - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Booker). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Booker or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Booker) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Booker. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BookerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Booker. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.4561, Longitude: -100.5403 In this case, the coordinates for Booker have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<9>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|