Welcome to Asherton ...
The city of Asherton is located in Dimmit County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Asherton has a population of 1,039 people<2> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Asherton.
Asherton is 530 feet [162 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Asherton lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Asherton is located in the (830) area code.
The ZIP code for Asherton: 78827<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Asherton had an population of 1,039 people. This is a decrease of 4.15% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 22.58% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Asherton had a population of 1,084 people (or 10.84% of the total population of Dimmit County). This makes Asherton the county's 2nd most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 1,084 people, the population of Asherton decreased 19.23% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 1,342 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Asherton.
Communities Also Named Asherton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Asherton - it's located in Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Asherton.
Communities near Asherton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Asherton.
- Crystal City [Zavala County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal City
- Crystal City [Zavala County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the north of Asherton
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,158 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crystal City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crystal City<7>
- Carrizo Springs [Dimmit County]
- Big Wells [Dimmit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Wells
- Big Wells [Dimmit County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Asherton
- Estimated population in 2019: 702 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big Wells have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Wells
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Wells<7>
- Carrizo Hill [Dimmit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carrizo Hill
- Carrizo Hill [Dimmit County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the northwest of Asherton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carrizo Hill
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Brundage [Dimmit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brundage
- Brundage [Dimmit County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Asherton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brundage have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brundage
- Catarina [Dimmit County]
- Chula Vista-River Spur [Zavala County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chula Vista-River Spur
- Chula Vista-River Spur [Zavala County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Asherton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chula Vista-River Spur
- Las Colonias [Zavala County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Las Colonias
- Las Colonias [Zavala County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the north of Asherton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Las Colonias have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Las Colonias
- Woodward [La Salle County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodward
- Woodward [La Salle County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the east of Asherton
- Artesia Wells [La Salle County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Asherton. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Asherton.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Asherton. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Asherton.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Asherton. See our Newspapers Page for Asherton.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Asherton ...
Looking for more information about Asherton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Asherton, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Asherton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Texas
About Dimmit County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Asherton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Texas: https://texas.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Texas' counties, including Dimmit, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Asherton.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Asherton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Asherton). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Asherton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Asherton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Asherton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Asherton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Asherton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 28.4450, Longitude: -99.7618
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|